About Me

My photo
Angela Cater is a writer, illustrator and self-publisher. Her books are published by Tabby Cat Press. She is the writer/illustrator of "The Adventures of Sailor Sam" and "A Perfect Nest for Mrs Mallard."

Monday 7 February 2011

A lucky start to the Chinese New Year




The Year of the Rabbit is said to be optimistic, upbeat and full of luck. It certainly started that way for me when I received news that I had won first prize in FanArtReview's "Art in Nature" competition. It is the first time that I have won an art competition in over 30 years. The first time around, I won a yoyo for colouring in a picture of the Lone Ranger. Alas, my brother got the glory as I was above the age to enter so used his name.
This time though, the achievement is all mine and I'm thrilled. After a run of bad luck and serious expense, it couldn't have come at a better time and I have already been on a gouache-buying shopping spree with the proceeds. Thank you, FanArtReview! You have really boosted my confidence and inspired me to push myself and my work more.

No comments:

Post a Comment