About Me

My photo
Angela Cater is a writer, illustrator and self-publisher. Her books are published by Tabby Cat Press. She is the writer/illustrator of "The Adventures of Sailor Sam" and "A Perfect Nest for Mrs Mallard."

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Book Fairs - a great opportunity to network

Earlier this year, at the book launch of an author that I was publishing, I met another independent publisher who suggested that we pool resources and share a table at the Manchester Independent Book Fair. Unfortunately, we missed out this year on being able to get a stall, but I went down to the city centre at the weekend to see for myself what other were doing.

As well as a handful of book stalls, there were more arts and craft type of businesses there. Being the hottest day of the year so far, the square was buzzing with browsers.

I took the opportunity to introduce myself to a number of the book stall holders and was surprised and delighted with how candid they were about the success (or otherwise) of their stall and their willingness to answer questions about how they prepare for such events. I came away full of ideas and am now greatly looking forward to attending the Sefton Book Fair in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment