About Me

My photo
Angela Cater is a writer, illustrator and self-publisher. Her books are published by Tabby Cat Press. She is the writer/illustrator of "The Adventures of Sailor Sam" and "A Perfect Nest for Mrs Mallard."

Friday 20 August 2010

A Lifetime of Cats (The True Stories Behind the Art)


A Lifetime of Cats (The True Stories Behind the Art)

This work in progress will feature stories and paintings of every cat I have ever owned. I was just two years old when 'Uncle Ron' gave me my first kitten who became imaginatively known as 'Ginger'. Since then, apart from two years at art school, I have never been without a cat and I guess that Uncle Ron is largely to blame for my image as a 'Crazy Cat Lady'.
This portrait required a lot of artistic license as the original photo shows me sat outside in front of an unattractive brick wall and a badly peeling drainpipe. A google search gave me the 1960's wallpaper (I remember similar colours) and a familiar looking wall clock. I also changed the colours of my clothing so they don't clash so much. I wonder why, if it was so cold that I needed a thick hand-knitted jumper, why am I wearing shorts?
Ginger lived to be around 5 years old. He was a remarkably tolerant cat and put up with my early attempts of veterinary care when I covered him in sticking plasters.
There are many more cats to come, but I hope to publish in the first half of next year. Watch this space for more cats and more true cat tales.

No comments:

Post a Comment